How to Adopt
Once your group has made the rewarding decision to adopt a roadway you will need to file an application with our program. We work with Nova Scotia’s Department of Transportation and Infrastructure Renewal (TIR) to approve your application as soon as possible. Please follow the steps below to start the adoption process:
- Choose an available section of roadway for adoption, you may use our Map to help you with your selection.
- Name your cleanup group! This will be displayed on your future signs that will advertise your group.
- Choose the appropriate application form for your desired location, available under the Forms section of our website.
- Read through all of the Conditions and Suggestions found on the application form.
- Submit the completed form to our office by mail, email, or in person! Approval may take up to three or more weeks.
Pictured above – Coastal Action – Lunenburg, NS May 2019