A Notice to the Public Regarding the Coronavirus
2020 – 2021 Bursary
The Nova Scotia Adopt-A-Highway Program Association (AAH) is pleased to offer a $500.00 bursary to a Grade 12 student entering their first year of post-secondary education.
All applicants will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Past AAH or Great Nova Scotia Pick-Me-Up program involvement
- Community involvement
- Academic standing
- Original essay – described below.
- Preference is given to past or present program volunteers
Applicants must include the following items as part of their application package:
- Completed application form
- Most recent academic transcript
- College or university confirmation of enrollment
- Letter of reference
- An original essay, 350-500 words in length, on the following topic:
What is your biggest concern regarding the environment, and why?
- Committee members of the AAH will choose the winner of the bursary.
- The winner of the bursary will be notified before graduation day in June of 2021.
- All applicants must be permanent residents of Nova Scotia.
- Materials will not be returned; Please retain a copy of the application for your records.
- Complete applications must be received at the AAH office by 5 pm on April 30th, 2021.
- Late or incomplete packages will not be processed for consideration.
- Additional items that are not listed above will be discarded before evaluation.
- The applicant can choose to submit their application online (below), through email, or mail